Counselling & Leadership Training for HSP Professionals & Entrepreneurs
I’m a bold professional, a compassionate introvert, and a quiet leader who has the HAP trait. I’m naturally gifted at attunement to people–I notice what others need and provide it. I read about and attend conferences on neuropsychology, to keep my practice evidence-based and up-to-date. I use EMDR regularly with my 1:1 clients in Vancouver, BC because it’s backed by scientific research studies, and I find it gets the best results for most people if practiced with a high degree of attunement. Growing up gifted-but-embarrassed-about-it, I later encouraged myself to gradually take smart risks and now really enjoy leading & speaking to groups.
Pamela Catapia Offers:
– A science-based approach, adapted specifically to you
– Warmth & empathy, and an accepting attitude
Specialty Areas Include:
- I have been a faculty member & counsellor at several educational institutions and worked with physicians in the health care system as their statistician/research consultant, where I co-authored 25 medical research publications.
- I have taught doctors, medical students, nursing students, design students, & business students in universities, as well as the general public in various Continuing Education Departments.
- I did patient teaching in hospitals and was a hospital bedside nurse (RN, BSN) for 2 years.
- I have had contracts with HEU, The Federal Government, The Arthritis Society, UBC, Langara College, Vancouver School Board, North Vancouver School Board, West Coast Child Care Resource Centre, ICBC. Several of these contracts involved workplace training.
- I joined BullyfreeBC in 2010 whose mandate was to encourage the government to make bullying illegal in the workplace, which it has done.
Master’s degree in Counselling Psychology and a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, both from UBC.
Basic & Advanced EMDR Training
Approaches / Interventions:
- ACT (Acceptance & Committment Therapy)
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Gestalt Therapy
- Family Systems Theory
- Gottman’s Relationship Skills
- Aron’s & Engel’s Reducing the Inner Critic Techniques
- Emotional Intelligence Skills Training
- Career Management Consultations
- Bullying in the Workplace Presentations
Areas of Expertise:
- Leadership Training
- Confidence & Resilience Building
- Career Management
- Anti-Bully Skills
- Public Speaking/Presentation Skills
- Decision-Making Skills
- Relationship Finding & Keeping Skills
- Adults 25 yrs +
- Highly Attuned /Sensitive Individuals (Aware of Subtleties, Socially Skilled, Conscientious, Empathy+++)
- Gifted Adults